Why vCloud Tech?vSAN Integrates Seamlessly with VMware vSphere as a Distributed Layer within the ESXi Hypervisor
VMware vSAN, a software-defined enterprise storage solution, supports hyper-converged infrastructure systems (HCI). vSAN aggregates direct-attached or local data storage devices to create a single storage pool that all hosts share within a vSAN cluster. A hybrid vSAN cluster employs flash devices to store the cache tier and magnetic drives to store the capacity tier. A flash-optimized, resilient vSAN collection that uses flash devices both for the cache tier and the capacity tier. This architecture creates a flash-optimized, resilient shared datastore suitable for the software-defined storage center (SDDC). Storage Policy-Based Management (SPBM) simplifies storage configuration and eliminates external shared storage. Using a virtual machine (VM) and storage policies, you can set storage requirements and capabilities. vSAN is a hyper-converged product from VMware. It pools direct-attached storage devices within a VMware vSphere cluster to create a shared data store.
The user defines the storage requirements for virtual machines (VMs), such as availability and performance, and also, vSAN manages and maintains these policies. The vSphere Web Client manages cluster administration and storage policy implementation. vSAN supports hybrid and all-flash configurations with a two-tier architecture; both structures have a caching and capacity tier. A caching level contains at least one flash device per host. The capacity tier comprises one flash device (all-flash) and one magnetic disk (hybrid) per host. vSAN combines all of the storage resources on a host into a single shared, high-performance data store that all hosts can use in the cluster.
VMWare vSAN features depend on the type of license but includes the following:
- Storage policy-based management (SPBM) allows for the automated control of storage profiles.
- Software-defined data encryption is available to prevent unauthorized access to data at rest.
- A cluster can contain 2 to 64 nodes.
- Stretched clusters allow for more than one virtualization host to be used in one setup, which provides greater security and availability.
- Clusters support deduplication (eliminating duplicate copies of the same data), compression, and erasure code (protecting data through breaking it into sectors), which ensures efficient storage management and security.
- Supports storage quality of service (QoS), which allows administrators to limit the input-output operations per second (IOPS) that specific VMs consumes.
- Transform HCI Seamlessly: Our secure hyper-converged solution integrates with leading public cloud providers and your hypervisor to allow you to leverage your existing tools for virtualization storage.
- Multi-Cloud HCI Platform: Using a single cloud console, you can improve IT productivity by centralized visibility and alerts to your vSAN infrastructure. Also, manage virtual machine and container-based apps seamlessly with VMware Tanzu integration.
- Lower Costs: You can get a better price per performance using the most recent storage technology on an industry-standard server.
- Flexible Deployment: With the largest ecosystem in the industry, you can use HCI wherever you are, which includes 18 OEM server vendors and native services with top public clouds such as AWS, Azure and Google Cloud, Oracle Cloud, and IBM Cloud.
- Scale without Compromise:
VMware HCI Mesh allows you to scale compute and storage quickly and flexibly to meet your application requirements.
- Operation Simplified:
It provides easy deployment of new infrastructure and applications with minimal training.
- Developer-Ready Infrastructure:
You will get the self-service capabilities developers need to create apps on a large scale. Also, the governance IT admins must have to manage containers and VMs.
- Maximize Deployment Flexibility and Future-Proof HCI:
You can use vSphere and vSAN to manage storage and compute resources from one platform. Our integrated solution provides the fastest path to future-ready HCI/hybrid cloud systems. It delivers faster operations, lower costs and better business agility.