Why vCloud Tech?Intrusion prevention protects against all wire-speed threats anywhere on the network to protect your critical data and reputation.
The Intrusion Prevention system module guards your computer against known and zero-day security attacks. i.e. SQL injection attacks, cross-site scripting attacks, and other web application vulnerabilities. In addition, intrusion Prevention rules can block traffic looking to attack the security vulnerability. When patches aren’t made available for operating systems or programs vulnerabilities.
It can identify malicious software connecting to the network and gives you more visibility into the security of applications relating to it. So, your PCs are secure until patches to fix the vulnerability are available to be tested and deployed. Protection comes with messaging and file-sharing software. i.e. Skype and web-based applications with vulnerabilities, like SQL injection and cross-site scripting (XSS). In addition, intrusion Prevention can use as a light internet application firewall (WAF).
- Cyber-security landscapes since threats constantly grow in speed and sophistication; Enterprises require efficient and flexible security that can meet both the performance and security demands in their network hybrids.
- Be protected from the full spectrum of threats to your network: A complete and transparent view of every network activity and traffic can keep you safe from targeted attacks that evade traditional security controls, exploit network vulnerabilities, and even extort ransoms or steal sensitive information, communications, or intellectual property. Trend Micro Tipping Point offers the best intrusion prevention technology to guard against all threats in wire speed across your network, safeguarding your sensitive data and reputation.
- Security in real-time: Experience the reliability of your network and availability by automating inline inspection without affecting the performance of hybrid infrastructure, including private, on-premises, or public cloud.
Secure yourself against advanced threats by utilizing industry-leading global threat intelligence
- Guard against known vulnerabilities as well as any attack possibilities with the least amount of false positives
- Guard against threats not disclosed by the only access to the Zero Day Initiative vulnerability information.
- Trend Micro Research continues to study the threat landscape to give you the information you can trust.
- The default settings with automatic updates offer minimal effort and immediate and continuous security against threats.
Incorporate and prioritize security policies responses, visibility, and security by central management
- Get centralized insight into the network to make educated decisions and take immediate action in the event of possible risks to infrastructure or data.
- Integration with Trend Micro intrusion detection system as well as third-party products, such as SIEM, NGFW, and VA/VM, to improve a multi-layered security strategy
- Centralized management offers a flexible operational model based on policy. It also makes it easy to manage large-scale deployments.
Enhance protection in real-time using the latest machine-learning methods
- Make use of mathematical models to identify whether the network traffic is malicious or not.
- Block network traffic mimicking the characteristics of well-known or undiscovered malware families
- Block and detect DNS requests coming from malware-infected hosts trying to reach their C&C hosts through the domain generation algorithm (DGA)
Network protection starts at the edge of the network to the data centre and finally to the cloud:
Trend Micro Tipping Point’s Next-Generation Network Intrusion Prevention System (NGIPS) protects critical infrastructure, data, and vulnerable applications in real-time from known, undisclosed, and unknown vulnerabilities without adversely affecting network performance. Tipping Point delivers Integrated. Advanced Threat Prevention to defend the network from the edge to the data centre to the cloud with real-time, inline enforcement and automated remediation of vulnerable systems.
- Block and inspect inbound as well as outbound and other network traffic in real-time
- Implement pre-emptive zero-day protection by deploying intelligence based on exclusive information about vulnerabilities that discloses information obtained from Zero Day Initiative
- Provide scalable performance of up to 100 Gbps inspection throughput while maintaining low latency
- Prioritize vulnerabilities and threats by ensuring complete visibility into the network
- Give immediate and continuous threat protection using the recommended settings.
Hybrid cloud server security
Trend Micro Deep Security delivers server security for cloud, data centre, and container workloads. It incorporates host-based control options, which include Network Intrusion Prevention (IPS). So, As a component of the Deep Security Network Security package, IPS protects against network attacks and also shields servers and applications from attack until they are remedies. Aiding in achieving and speeding up compliance with the most important regulations such as PCI DSS as well as HIPAA Deep Security’s IPS
- Guards against the most current threats, such as ransomware and variants of it, such as WannaCry
- Indeed It eliminates the need for urgent patching and safeguards systems that are in their final stages of life.
- Automatically protects servers throughout the data centre and in the cloud.
Request a Quote
Trend Micro Tipping Point’s next-generation intrusion prevention system (NGIPS) protects critical infrastructure, data, and vulnerable applications from known, unpublished, and unknown intrusion prevention systems without impacting network performance. real-time protection against vulnerabilities in
If you want malware protection for Windows devices, Trend Micro Antivirus offers better value at the lower end of the price range, nearly $50 less than comparable McAfee plans. However, if you need coverage for macOS, iOS, or Android devices, McAfee is a better choice.
There are three main types of intrusion detection software, depending on whether they are considered part of a single system. Network Intrusion Detection System (NIDS) Network Node Intrusion Detection System (NIDS) Host Intrusion Detection System (HIDS).
IPS was initially designed to work in conjunction with a network firewall. While a firewall filters network traffic and blocks terrible traffic, an IPS analyzes the content of that traffic in real-time to detect and prevent attacks.
The main difference is that a firewall blocks and filters network traffic, whereas an IDS/IPS detects attacks and notifies an administrator or prevents them, depending on its configuration. Is to Firewalls allow traffic based on a set of configured rules. That is based on source, destination and port addresses.
In conclusion, I found Trend Micro to be an excellent antivirus product. Both vendors offer virus and malware protection, but independent lab testing has shown Trend Micro’s detection rate to be 100% in most recent tests.
Always put the IPS sensor in front of a perimeter-filtering device like a firewall or adaptive security appliance.