Why vCloud Tech?Resolve risks quickly and efficiently so that you can efficiently repair the security of your pipeline
The Nexus Auditor ensures that your software is safe and that no license violations happen during the build, test, or release cycle. In addition, by using component intelligence, you can explore any aspect of your software and establish policies to ensure that your team is in conformance.
Nexus Auditor will generate a complete BOM (Bill of Materials) of your software, which includes any COTS (Commercial off the Shelf) products you employ within your pipelines. Nexus Auditor monitors your production applications for the latest vulnerabilities to be disclosed. You’ll be notified via email or an alert whenever an issue is discovered, and you’ll be able to immediately make the necessary changes to prevent any threat from attackers outside.
Assessing Security and License Risk in Third-Party Applications:
- Examine and document the inner workings of your program as an extensive BOM
- Quality concerns or license risk
- Inform you about any unwelcome components within the lifecycle of the application (ALC) stages
- Waive violations under the context analysis or manual exceptions
- Nexus Auditor also provides security auditing software reporting and analytical functions that allow it easy to communicate any of the latest risks when you know they exist.
Nexus Auditor enables your organization to see the severity of your risk automatically:
- Generate a Software Bill of Materials: Nexus Auditor automatically generates a software bill of material to determine open-source components used in third-party or old applications. Get the complete listing of the open-source features included in your application to find parts that violate your open-source policy.
- Triage License and Security: Before you sign up for the application of a third party, you should first check it out using Nexus Auditor to see any restricted licenses or security weaknesses. With a firewall auditing tool, you’ll be able to assess your inherent risk by analyzing the open-source guidelines and providing remediation advice to address all hazards.
- Multiple Network Interface Cards: It is possible to assign two network interface cards to a server. Clients can use one card to connect to the cache server and the other for the cache servers in the cluster to communicate with each other. This increases the capacity of your data bandwidth dramatically.
Continuously Monitor Apps for New Vulnerabilities
An Open-Source Nexus Auditor component may be secure currently; however, it may still be a different way for the rest of the time. Nexus Auditor continuously monitors your production applications to identify newly disclosed vulnerabilities. You’ll receive an email or alert when a new vulnerability is found, so you can immediately take action to eliminate any threat from outside attackers. Another reason to use Nexus Auditor is to understand the open-source components employed in outsourcing and third-party development. Nexus Auditor notifies you if these applications could pose an issue about security or could pose a legal risk.
Nexus Auditor is Superb for Monolithic, Legacy Applications:
The most benefiting users of Nexus Auditor are those who manage monolithic software applications that have very little or no developments being made on them. It is tiny, or no growth is carried out. Nexus Auditor works best when the application you have been using for years is essential to your organization and is required to conform to various industry standards. The most well-known standards I have encountered are ISO and SOC2 conformance. To be precise, you need an analysis of the compositions in the software. This lets you identify a previous application’s third-party, open-source components. With the bill of materials for software, you are aware of what’s in the program. It is important to analyze and be mindful of the risk of obsolete open-source components.
Request a Quote
Nexus Auditor continuously monitors production applications to identify newly discovered vulnerabilities. Receive emails or alerts whenever new vulnerabilities are found, so you can take immediate action to eliminate threats from outside attackers.
Before the 2.7 versions of Nexus Repository Manager, you had to edit logback-nexus to set your logging configuration. XML files in sonatype work/nexus/conf. After configuring logging as desired, you can see the effect of your design on the Logs tab.
Nexus Firewall is a solution that prevents malicious components from entering the software supply chain. As new features are downloaded, each new package is firewalled based on a set of company-defined policies. Any element or dependency that violates these guidelines will block from the repository.
There is 10+ Nexus Mods alternatives for various platforms such as Windows, online/web-based, Mac, Linux, Grand Theft Auto (series), and more. The best alternative is the free Mod DB. Other great apps like Nexus Mods are Steam Workshop, Schaken-Mods, CurseForge and Mod Organizer.
Artifactory has a slight advantage in the number of repository types it supports, but Nexus provides an OSGi interface, so you can create custom repository types if needed.
Sonatype Nexus and Apache Maven are two pieces of software that often work together but do very different parts of the job. For example, Nexus provides repositories, and Maven uses repositories to build software. Excerpt from What is Nexus? Nexus manages the software artefacts needed for development.