Why vCloud Tech?Visualize, Monitor, Troubleshoot, and Automate your Environment with Solutions Designed to Ensure Uptime and Gain Actionable Insights
Network Performance Monitoring software can use different protocols and approaches to determine network availability, functionality, and performance. However, SNPM and Syslog are the most widely used network device monitoring protocols and methodologies. The most prevalent network management protocol is SNMP or Simple Network Management Protocol.
Administrators can use SNMP to collect performance data from various network devices simultaneously. And also store and analyze the collected data in a centralized location. Performance measurements are collected by Network Performance Monitoring Software placed on each host device and relayed to the central manager. Furthermore, central manager organizes data into database tables where it may examine for signs of mistakes and latent performance concerns. On the other hand, Syslog is a system that allows administrators to get notifications from network devices in response to preset events and situations. After configuring, the networked device can create Syslog data concerning problems, unexpected shutdowns, misconfigurations, and other events. Likewise, admins can use networked device data for security and system monitoring.
NETWORK PERFORMANCE MONITOR AT A GLANCE With SolarWinds NPM
- Multi-vendor network monitoring
- Network Insights for deeper visibility
- Smart card
- NetPath and PerfStack for easy troubleshooting
- More innovative scalability for large environments
- Prior notice
SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor is a Powerful and Reasonable Network Monitoring Software
- Sensor and protocol compatibility: Make sure Network Monitor supports common types of data collection such as packet sniffing, API, SNMP, ICMP, and WMI.
- Multi-vendor compatibility: You need visibility into devices from multiple vendors. SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor is compatible with various device types and vendors.
- Advanced Notifications: Reduce unnecessary network alerts by choosing your network monitoring tools. Go beyond simple alerts by defining network performance alerts based on nested trigger conditions, parent-child dependencies, and network topology. In addition, it can also send network notifications through multiple channels, such as SMS and email.
- Path Visualization: Cloud and on-premises applications and services so you can see changes and identify service providers’ issues. Hence, use these historical views to identify potential performance issues. It is essential to analyze hop by hop. The way before the problem started.
- Performance Analysis: When it comes to performance issues, streamlined analysis helps you quickly identify root causes. Network monitoring software allows you to compare both real-time and historical metrics rapidly.
- Intelligent Mapping: Don’t underestimate the performance of your current network card. You can visualize and see relationships between routers, switches, interfaces, and other elements at a glance. SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor makes it easier to identify and understand problems.
- Wireless Monitoring and Management: Wireless networks are also critical to end-user productivity. Network monitoring tools provide a way to view dead zones and uptime, monitor access points, and create wireless heat maps.
With Reliable Network Device Monitoring Software:
SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM) is designed to give hardware health overviews for your monitored devices, which is vital for controlling servers, switch, router, and other critical infrastructure life cycles. Using network device monitoring software, you can rapidly check the current node count, filter by device status (Up, Warning, Critical, and Undefined), and drill down to locate unavailable or offline nodes. NPM also lets you compare current performance to previous data, which can help you spot problems early.
With Simplicity, Drill Down to see Specific Nodes:
When a gadget sends an alert message, you must be ready to intervene at any time. You can travel from monitoring your entire infrastructure to drilling down into the selected node in critical status to view device information using NPM’s simple dashboard. In a few clicks, you may see device statistics such as current node status, device information, average response time, packet loss, and other vital metrics.
Get Up-to-the-Minute Performance Information:
Some performance faults are apparent immediately, while others take longer to manifest. NPM gives you minute-by-minute visibility into real-time performance issues and the ability to examine performance and hardware health statistics using past benchmarks. Furthermore, the intelligent alerts system is set up to deliver notifications in response to device problems, faults, shutdowns, and other events, allowing you to respond as soon as a problem is discovered.
Data on Network Performance:
NPM can aid in the analysis of historical network data and the correlation of performance with hardware state. You can more rapidly develop a temporary fix or work to replace the network equipment to restore expected network service availability by isolating hardware concerns. NPM’s deep packet inspection features are used to monitor network performance. You may also utilize the PerfStackTM dashboard to cross-correlate measurements across your environment for a more contextual picture of performance.
Discover Network Devices Quickly:
It would be best if you first discovered network devices before you can begin monitoring. NPM comes with an SNMP-based device scanner that regularly performs network discovery and builds a thorough inventory. You may use this information to generate a network topology map that will update automatically as new devices are added to your network. The dynamic topology map is used to scan troubled devices and rapidly dive for more information visually.
Request a Quote
SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM) is powerful and affordable network monitoring software that helps you quickly detect, diagnose, and troubleshoot network performance issues and failures.
SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor allows you to collect metrics from multiple vendors for even the most extensive networks containing wireless devices. NPM is designed as an all-in-one network monitoring software designed for environments of all sizes.
SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM), which monitors device errors, availability, and performance, uses SNMP monitoring to query a device’s Management Information Base (MIB). to get key performance metrics.
SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager (NCM) is a vulnerability scanner and tool that manages vulnerabilities arising from misconfigured routers or switches.
A network performance monitoring system monitors performance issues across the network and analyzes performance such as network traffic analysis performance bottlenecks, network latency, packet loss, server crashes, and other issues. Collect data.
Built by network engineers for network engineers, SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM) gives you the tools you need to work smarter, improve visibility, and avoid downtime. A comprehensive monitoring solution designed to provide See why SolarWinds is the global leader in network monitoring.
The following table lists software requirements and recommendations for installing SolarWinds on physical and virtual machines. Desktop operating systems such as Windows 10 or 11, 64-bit Pro, or Enterprise are supported for evaluation environments only.