Why vCloud Tech?Align your portfolio strategy, investment strategies, and team structure to achieve your business objectives
IT Business Management (ITBM) workflows help improve the creation, delivery, management, and administration of business-related services and ensure that they align with technology. Work in alignment with the business objectives to provide products or services that align with your Strategic Portfolio Management goals. IT Business Management (ITBM) assists IT in proving the value of its services to organizations and optimizing investments so that the company can concentrate more on development.
ITBM aids in the way you deliver new products and services by using efficient delivery methodologies.IT Business Management makes it simple to anticipate the most critical business needs, assign resources, and assess your business portfolio’s value. It lets you prioritize new demands and provide goods efficiently. Examine the top-level investments that are related and adjust to make changes regularly. Keep operational and strategic tasks together and cut down the number of bottlenecks that prevent you from getting to market quicker. ITBM can help you and your team comprehend how the technology environment connects to your business objectives, strategies, and requirements.
Utilize digital IT operations to transform your business:
- Project Portfolio Management: Control your project’s lifecycle using technologies and business portfolios.
- Agile Development: Utilize ServiceNow(r) Agile Development to drive scrums, agile teams, and hybrid development techniques.
- Demand Management: Centralizes strategic demands and simplifies the process of investment for new services and products.
- Resources Management: Manage resource availability and allocations, assignments, and the actuals across all tasks.
- Accept uncertainty by embracing a flexible plan: Keep up with planned changes, adjust plans, and refocus teams to deliver on expectations and continually prioritize.
- Accelerate your delivery by scaling the work: Implement in weeks instead of months, and benefit from seamless updates that enable more rapid development.
- Manage hybrid working methods: You can now handle agile and traditional work methods to gain greater transparency.
Scalable capabilities for your business:
- Manage outcomes that generate the value you want: Gain visibility into business strategies and portfolio investments to achieve better results. Monitor progress in real-time to understand precisely how the funds are being spent and the impact of the work done.
- Adjust planning to uncertainty: Connect your investment plan with your plan for more flexibility. Improve the visibility of project results and the top-level investment related to it and adjust your technique on an ongoing basis.
- Increase the size of work to make it quicker: Manage strategic and operational tasks in one location and eliminate bottlenecks so that you can accelerate the time to market. Enhance flexibility by optimizing and redistributing resources when priorities change.
- Make your funding process simpler: Enhanced and simplified methods for bottom-up and top-down funding make it easier for you to ask for and allocate money to invest.
- Gain insight into software development lifecycle: The ServiceNow Agile Development and Scaled Agile Framework applications allow you to control scrum, hybrid, or waterfall development activities throughout the entire lifecycle, starting from conception to testing and finally deployment.
- Customize your visuals: Change the view of your road map and refine it using features compatible with your planning needs.
- Roadmap milestones: Create and manage milestones at work-item (project, demand, epic) or planning-organization levels
- Produce excellent results: Create, plan and organize dependencies, and easily track roadmaps. Work in sequence to help assist in achieving milestones.
- Make informed choices: Prioritize initiatives and tasks in a consolidated backlog before committing to the roadmap.
- Capability mapping: Link technology-related investments and services with business value stream through a capability-based plan.
Request a Quote
Strategic Portfolio Management (SPM) describes the processes and tools companies can use to align available resources to achieve strategic goals.
Strategic portfolio management is vital for project or portfolio managers because it creates a strong link between a team’s strategy and its operations. If you think about it, portfolio management is about choosing the right things. Project management is about doing something right.
The four phases of strategic management are formulation, implementation, evaluation and modification.
Ranked from most straightforward to the most complex, the five types of strategic management are linear, adaptive, interpretative, expressive, and ethereal. These five types of strategic controls represent a continuum of organizational focus and action.
Portfolio management is about the big picture, setting objective criteria for identifying, ranking, positioning and selecting the new application and change delivery projects. PPM has three essential elements for application delivery. Collaboration, ForeSight, and Risk Management.
Strategic portfolio management is about selecting and prioritizing programs and projects, including balancing resource needs and resource availability to achieve a set of strategic objectives. SPMs are primarily concerned with choosing suitable projects according to a pre-established set of business drivers.