Why vCloud Tech?Monitor the audit and alert on user activities and data modification to ensure a secure database
SQL Compliance Manager is an effective reporting and auditing tool for Microsoft SQL Server. Most customers who use SQL Compliance Manager use it to ensure they meet the strict guidelines for auditing and reporting derived from laws such as CIS, DISA STIG, FERPA, GDPR, HIPAA, NERC, PCI DSS, and SOX. The modern enterprise is responsible for the storage, security, and use of huge quantities of data. But it’s optional to keep all that data.
SQL Compliance Manager helps database administrators (DBAs) find the data essential for security or compliance audits. This allows companies to archive or remove unnecessary information. This, in turn, helps to save storage space and resources, enhances efficiency in operations, and assists businesses in reducing costs. Customers also gain significant value by checking the activities within their systems and ensuring that the actions align with their change management process. In addition, customers can use SQL Compliance Manager to review the information in forensic detail to create an overview of user activities for a certain time. This is extremely useful in determining the information users have accessed in response to a breach in data or angry employee behaviour.
Get alerts about audits in real-time to stay informed about the auditing process:
- Auditing granularly for optimal storage Conserve storage resources and space by only collecting the required details.
- Auditing in real-time: Get real-time SQL server audit alerts so you know the audit process.
- Current reports and archive of data: Archive recent news and data to reduce space while keeping all information.
- Checks for regulatory compliance that are based on compliance standards. You can easily collect all the data relevant to a specific compliance standard.
IDERA’s database security and compliance tools offer many benefits across your organization:
- Minimize the risk and cost of data breaches by keeping unauthorized users away from sensitive data assets.
- Protect your entire physical and virtual SQL Server environment on-premises or in the cloud from a single pane of glass.
- Use predefined database security and compliance manager software templates that provide realistic policies that you can customize to your business needs.
- Identify areas of concern during internal audits and generate comprehensive reports that can be used to provide evidence of compliance to external auditors.
- Keep sensitive data on SQL servers safe and meet regulatory requirements for market sectors.
The Management Console is a central and user-friendly interface that lets you quickly and easily change audit settings, keep track of events, and provide audit information. The audit data archive is essential to business continuity and recovery plans. It is okay to slow the database’s performance by keeping historical audit data on an organization’s main system. This is why an archive is the best option for managing records.
This interface also contains the following details:
- The status of audited SQL Server instances in real-time. SQL Server instances
- SQL Server login permissions
- Completely logging change activity
- Monitor and demonstrate continuous conformity using reports.
Databases from the Repository
The SQL Compliance Manager (Repository) (Repository) is the main Repository for keeping track of:
- SQL compliance configurations, including audit settings, server registrations, and security for consoles
- Audited SQL Server events
- Alert messages
- SQL compliance agent activity
- The Repository is comprised of one of the databases listed below.
It is easy to collect all the data relevant to a particular standard of compliance:
SQL Compliance Manager utilizes policy-based algorithms that allow organizations to quickly and effortlessly obtain all information relevant to the most current compliance standards, including PCI DSS, DISA STIG, NERC, CIS, GDPR, HIPAA, FERPA, and SOX. Additionally, SQL Compliance Manager provides. Using status Alerts, DBAs are immediately alerted of any issues or disruptions to their Idera SQL Compliance Manager deployment. Status alerts make the audit reporting process proactive instead of reactive, which helps prevent more significant problems in the future by quickly discovering potential problems. Status alerts can help DBAs verify they have SQL Server instances available to be audited. They also ensure that the SQL Compliance Manager Agent and Collection Server operate as they should and predict when additional storage space will be required.
Request a Quote
SQL Compliance Manager is a comprehensive monitoring solution that tracks changes to SQL Server objects and data using policy-based algorithms. SQL Compliance Manager provides granular visibility to determine who, when, where, how, what, and whether a privileged user or a hacker initiated an event.
SQL compliance is the term used to refer to the rules that govern how organizations operate and protect sensitive data stored in SQL Server. These rules may vary by industry and location. Still, you can customize the Idera SQL Compliance Manager to comply with all industry regulations and ensure your organization’s most sensitive data is protected.
Auditing a SQL Server instance or SQL Server database means tracking and logging activities and events on the system. Database auditing gives you high visibility into abuses and violations so you can react quickly and accurately to problems as soon as they arise.
SQL Server’s default security settings are strong, but you must be more careful about data. Idera’s SQL Compliance Manager provides an industry-leading set of SQL Server alerting and auditing tools for sealed SQL Server environments that simplify SQL Server best practices.
Change Data Capture is generally available for Azure SQL Database, SQL Server, and Azure SQL Managed Instance.
If you enable forced protocol encryption on your server, you must install a certificate on your server. Likewise, allow forced protocol encryption on the client. Again, the server must have a certificate, and the client must update its Trusted Root Certification Authorities to trust the server certificate.