Why vCloud Tech?Protection provides the essential services needed to safeguard your web-based apps, including Web Application Security
Fortinet Web Application Firewall protects your mission-critical web applications from attacks targeting known and unknown vulnerabilities. The attack surface of web applications is rapidly and constantly changing as new features are introduced, existing features are updated, or new web application APIs are released. That’s why it’s essential to have the option to continue. FortiWeb is the perfect solution. Web APIs and applications are the best tools for building critical business applications. However, these applications must be able to meet the needs of your business.
To safeguard your APIs and web-based apps against known zero-day attacks, FortiWeb WAF offers cutting-edge security solutions. FortiWeb uses a multi-layered, smart technique to defend against the OWASP Top 10 and other threats. The FortiWeb ML customizes each application’s protection to provide strong security without the time-consuming and expensive human adjustment that other solutions necessitate. Additionally, FortiWeb offers deployment options to protect business applications wherever they may be. The range of hardware devices installed in your data centre, cloud environment, or even in the cloud with our cloud-native SaaS alternative, FortiWeb Cloud WAF A Service, goes beyond virtual machines and containers.
- Reverse Proxy
- Inline Transparent
- True Transparent Proxy
- Offline Sniffing
- AI-based Machine Learning
- Automated Profiling
- Signatures of web-based applications
- IP address reputation
- IP address geolocation
- HTTP RFC conformance
- Native support for HTTP/2.
- WebSocket security and signature enforcement
- Layer 7 server load balancing
- URL Rewriting
- Content Routing
- HTTPS/SSL Offloading
- HTTP Compression
Application Attack Protection
- OWASP Top 10
- Cross-Site Scripting
- SQL Injection
- Cross-Site Request Forgery
- Session Hijacking
- Built-in Vulnerability Scanner
- Passive and active authentication
- Site Publishing and SSO
- RSA Access to 2-factor authentication
- Proven Web Application and API Protection: FortiWeb protects against all OWASP Top 10 threat vectors, DDOS attacks, BOT malicious attacks, and more to protect mission-critical web applications and APIs.
- Ml-Based Attack Detection: In addition to regular updates to the signature and other defenses, FortiWeb employs ML to defend against zero-day attacks and reduce false positives.
- Security Fabric Integration: Integration with FortiGate firewalls and Forti Sandbox protect against advanced persistent security threats
- Advanced Visual Analytics: FortiWeb’s visual reporting tools offer a detailed analysis of attack types, sources, and other aspects that provide insight not offered by other WAF solutions.
- False Positive Mitigation Tools Advanced tools that reduce the day-to-day administration of policies and exception lists to ensure that only unwanted traffic is blocked
- Hardware-Based Acceleration: FortiWeb delivers industry-leading protected WAF throughputs and blazing-fast, secure traffic encryption/decryption.
Stop known and unknown threats to your applications without blocking legitimate users or the administrative burden required for traditional app learning. FortiWeb fully protects web-based applications from the OWASP Top 10 and other threats with an advanced multi-layered, correlated, and layered approach. FortiWeb’s first layer of defense blocks and identifies malware using traditional WAF detectors (attack signatures, IP address reputation, protocol verification, etc.) backed by FortiGuard’s world-class security research and information lab. FortiWeb’s machine learning detection engine then analyzes all traffic passing through this layer using the app’s continuously updated algorithms. Finally, detect and block suspicious anomalies.
Power mobile applications and protect APIs that enable B2B communication. APIs are gaining popularity as powerhouses of digital transformation, providing the backbone of mobile applications, automated B2B operations, and easy management between applications. However, as its popularity grows, it also adds new risks of attack by creating additional applications that organizations need to protect. Fortinet’s FortiWeb web application firewall provides tools to mitigate threats to APIs. In addition, FortiWeb uses machine learning algorithms to detect APIs automatically by constantly monitoring application traffic.
Block malicious bot activity by blocking bots that meet legitimate business needs, such as search engines and performance and health monitoring tools. FortiWeb defends against automated bots such as crawlers, web scrapers, data harvester credentials, and other malicious attacks to protect website assets, apps, mobile APIs, sensitive data, and users. By combining machine learning with policies such as threshold-based detection, bot fraud, biometric-based detection, and superior bot detection, FortiWeb reduces the friction experienced by legitimate users while detecting malicious bots. Fortinet FortiWeb can block attacks. FortiWeb uses advanced tracking methods to differentiate between humans, automated requests, and repeat offenders. Observe behaviour over time, distinguish between humans and bots, and ensure CAPTCHA barriers where necessary. With FortiView FortiWeb’s visual analytics dashboards, organizations can quickly identify attacks and differentiate between legitimate users and good bots.
Request a Quote
FortiWeb is a web application firewall (WAF) that certainly protects web applications and APIs from attacks targeting known and unknown exploits and helps ensure regulatory compliance. Using machine learning to model each application, FortiWeb covers applications from known vulnerabilities and zero-day threats.
- Web application firewall.
- Application delivery and server load balancing.
FortiWeb Cloud is certainly a cloud-based SaaS web application firewall (WAF) that protects web applications hosted in public clouds from OWASP Top 10, zero-day threats, and other application-layer attacks.
An accurate transparent proxy – FortiWeb transparently forwards traffic arriving on network ports belonging to Layer 2 bridges, applying the first applicable policy to allow traffic. Allow FortiWeb will log, block or remediate violations according to the matching procedure and its protection profile.
WAFs cannot protect against network-layer attacks, so they should complement network firewalls rather than replace them. Web and network-based solutions certainly preserve different types of traffic. Complement each other instead of competing.
FortiWeb seamlessly integrates with FortiGate to route HTTP traffic for inspection and share isolated IP information. So, False positives can be very confusing if your web application firewall needs to be configured correctly.