Why vCloud Tech?FortiCNP Offers IT Security Experts, The Ability To Check Cloud Resource Configurations
FortiCNP can be described as a cloud-native cloud security platform that is fully connected to Cloud Security Providers’ (CSP) security solutions and the Fortinet Security Fabric to deliver a total, cloud-based, full-stack security solution for protecting cloud-based workloads. FortiCWP is compatible with APIs offered by cloud service providers like AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform to monitor and track the security components of all kinds, such as configurations, user activities including configurations, and user activity logs. With an API-based system, FortiCWP is tightly integrated with the top IaaS providers to allow access to the data and usage stored in various clouds. FortiCWP offers IT security experts the ability to check cloud resource configurations, data, and use for possible risks, errors, and compliance violations. This method also ensures that all users of your IaaS resources are protected and monitored by FortiCWP, no matter which location they are on or the device they’re using. Based on Fabric-up, FortiCWP is built to integrate deeply with Fortinet Security Fabric. Fortinet Security Fabric to provide an integrated cloud usage management system and reports.
FortiCWP can also check containers for weaknesses and configuration errors, including cloud data storage for potentially harmful or sensitive data. Additionally, reports are generated for your company’s security and compliance with standard regulatory requirements. FortiCNP’s exclusive Risk Resource Insights (RRI)TM technology simplifies security by analyzing security findings to prioritize the top significant resources, utilizing actionable data to assist security teams in managing cloud risks.
- Central Visibility: FortiCWP gives central monitoring and reports in multi-cloud settings. FortiCWP offers dashboards, logs, and information that allow you to see your security state at a glance. The activity of users and cloud resources, data and files, and policies can be seen from one central place. The user’s actions are shown on a list or a map. Relationships to resources are visually displayed to help administrators quickly comprehend their cloud infrastructures for all monitored accounts and ensure that the relation between cloud resources and services is easily understood.
- On-Demand Data Scanning: Unlike a proxy-based service or hardware device, FortiCWP directly connects to the cloud provider to access files and data saved in an organization account. All new data is verified against policies regarding data leakage and scanned for security threats. Existing information, or “data at rest,” is checked to ensure it complies with business rules. If a business’s policy is changed, it is quickly applied to data on the cloud by an administrator.
- User Insights And Policies: FortiCWP offers many tools to provide insights into user behaviors and activities on cloud-based applications. Administrators can monitor usage as needed and have the ability to view user entitlements and dormant users and conduct detailed configuration assessments.
- Threat Protection And Response: FortiCWP uses User Entity Analytics (UEBA) for UEBA to search for irregular or suspicious user behavior. It also issues warnings about suspicious behavior. Analytics of entity and user behavior is a security procedure that analyzes the typical behavior of users. FortiCWP employs risk scoring methods and advanced algorithms to spot irregularities over time.
- Fortiguard Integration For Advanced Threat Detection: FortiCWP automatically integrates the well-known FortiGuard antivirus software to check the security of files stored on the cloud. This service is offered free of charge to FortiCWP users.
- Cloud-Native Integrations: Cloud-native integrations that integrate with major cloud services suppliers’ (CSP) security solutions and Fortinet Security Solutions provide a broad perspective across the cloud ecosystem, providing immediate threat protection and zero-permission security protection.
- Resource Risk Insights (RRI): RRI integrates security data from various cloud-native and Fortinet security products to assess cloud risks based upon the configurations, vulnerabilities, access to data, permissions, interdependencies, and threats. RRI prioritizes cloud resources that pose the most significant risk for an organization.
- Context-Rich Actionable Insights: RRI gives actionable insight for Cloud Workloads with high risk and creates consistent workflows that increase the security of cloud-based environments. It helps security teams to control cloud risk.
- Context-Rich Analytics: RRI controls cloud risk by using cloud analytics that measures the cloud risk profile over time
- Maximizes Security Investments and Increases ROI: Integrations native to CSP products and Fortinet Security Fabric maximize the benefit of customers’ cloud security investments since their outputs are helpful within the context of a more comprehensive security system.
- Streamlines Security Operations: Manages risk using integrated digital workflow solutions that manage and automate mitigation processes. Stop-gap remediation is possible by using Fortinet Cloud security products to guard against harm.
- Risk Management:
FortiCNP’s exclusive RRI connects and contextualizes Cloud Workload Security alerts, conclusions taken from CSP security services, and Fortinet Security Fabric solutions to evaluate cloud risks. Cloud assets are prioritized under the riskiest. RRI provides actionable information through uniform workflows that help security teams reduce and manage risks. Threat management of threats Native connections with CSP security solutions like Amazon Guard Duty Malware Protection and Amazon Inspector, and Fortinet Security Fabric solutions offer immediate threat protection and no-permission protection for security
- Data Security:
Detects and safeguards against data-related malware, sensitive information loss, data corruption, and Errors in the cloud storage repository.
- Container Security:
Integrates with Kubernetes environments, constantly examining risk profile and activity to detect the emergence of new threats. It guards against vulnerabilities in container images and registries throughout the application development lifecycle.
- Compliance And DLP:
FortiCWP provides a highly customizable collection of tools for preventing data loss which protects against data breaches and provides a predefined set of compliance reports. Utilizing standard regular expressions, FortiCWP can be set to almost any policy to satisfy requirements for data security and provides customized reports about DLP actions. Suppose your company must comply with standards for compliance. In that case, FortiCWP offers predefined reports for various measures, including PCI HIPPA, SOX, GDPR ISO 27001, and NIST, that allow organizations to create compliance reports immediately for auditing teams, so any violations to the policy can be detected and rectified.