Why vCloud Tech?Improve Public Safety, Increase Operational Efficiency, And Optimize Traffic Management with Connected Roadways and Intersections
Cisco is a world market leader in networking and offers various solutions to tackle connected roads and solutions for intersections. Utilizing its highly secure and durable industry-specific networking IoT knowledge, as well as working alongside industry experts to solve problems that exist in the business, it comes up with innovative technology solutions that enhance and secure crucial roads and intersections. Cisco aims to ensure the future of your investment by offering an evolving path from isolated highways and intersections to safe, connected routes to meet the transportation requirements of tomorrow and the present. Since the dawn of IP networking, Cisco Validated Designs (CVDs) have been utilized to verify, architect, and configure industry best practices and technology solutions. CVDs begin with the usage cases and design an entire flow of information from the device’s edge towards the app, confirming the essential Cisco and third component components in the process
Additionally, interstate highways and other roads are linked to warning and information systems to enhance safety on the street and decrease congestion by gathering information from various sensors. The necessity to connect, secure, and improve crucial roads and infrastructure for intersections are more apparent than ever. Intersections and roads are joined to the traffic management centers that allow the collection of roadside information to analyze and control in real-time and visibility. It is the base of automation and drivers’ situational awareness to improve efficiency and safety and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. As a result, more significant pressure is placed on these systems as cars start to share their status and send alerts to motorists and other vehicles on and around the road. The pressure will only increase with the number of Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (CAVs).
- Traffic Signal Controller Monitoring: Create remote SPaT (signal timing and phase) adjustments. Modify signal operation to maximize the flow of traffic and reduce congestion.
- Remote Weather Information System: Be aware of road and weather conditions to warn drivers about dangerous situations.
- Video Surveillance: You can get real-time information about the flow of traffic and congestion and spot traffic violations. Utilize analytics to increase the safety of cyclists and pedestrians.
- Electronic Tolling Stations: Automate your traffic to minimize delays by making the toll collection process faster.
- Dynamic Message Signs: Give drivers information about the roads and advice on closures of laneways, traffic accidents, and weather-related conditions.
- Charging For Electric Vehicles: Monitor and maintain charging stations remotely. Offer secure payments and billing services to customers.
- Enhance Road Security: Aid in reducing the number and severity of collisions and injuries to motorists. Provide faster incident response through real-time insights and automation.
- Enhance Operational Efficiency: Give visibility to field devices, improve uptime remote control of devices, automated real-time weather updates, and traffic warnings.
- Reduce Congestion in Traffic: Connect devices like weather sensors, traffic signals, and cameras to enhance the flow of traffic, track road conditions, and flag infractions.
- Lower Carbon Emissions: Control traffic flow to reduce congestion and decrease vehicle idling time.
- Traffic Signal Prioritization (TSP) / Emergency Vehicle Preemption (EVP):
The ability for transit vehicles to request and obtain traffic signal priority to reduce dwell time at an intersection and to respond to police, fire, or EMS vehicle to preempt a traffic signal to reduce response time are critical capabilities of a roadway solution. With the help of signaling from the transit or the first response vehicle directly at the junction or through a central Traffic Management Center (TMC), this use case serves the public’s interest in the smooth operation of the transit system and fast response to emergencies.
- Safety Of Workers and Drivers:
Promoting safety on the highway is an essential issue for any road operator. Drivers must be aware of road changes due to weather conditions or works in progress on the roadway. Using dynamic and variable messages (DMS/VMS) that display important safety information details, such as construction or route information, remote weather sensors to detect dangerous weather or road conditions, and alerting construction sites or roadworkers of traffic coming in are all components of this usage case.
- Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (CAVs):
CAVs are fast becoming a reality, with massive investments made by tech experts and trials in progress. Using vehicles to Infrastructures (V2I) technology such as C-V2X DSRC or the ITS G5 system, vehicles are sensors that exchange real-time data with roadways equipment and intersections to assist collision prevention and reduce congestion through the use of adaptive signal control and timing. Crossroads of the present must be prepared to incorporate these technologies to automate the adjustment of timings for signals across various intersections to maximize traffic flow, thereby making it safer and reducing emissions.