Why vCloud Tech?Secure Your Websites and Apps from The Latest Cyber-Attacks
Barracuda Web Application Firewall offers security for applications and mobile app backends from various threats, including zero-day threats, data leakage, and application layer denial of service (DoS). By combining signature-based security policies, positive security, and a robust ability to detect anomalies, Barracuda Web Application Firewall can fend off the most sophisticated attacks that target the web application.
Barracuda Active DDoS Prevention is an add-on feature for Barracuda Web Application Firewall. Barracuda Web Application Firewall blocks massive DDoS threats before they hit your network and cause damage to your applications. It also defends against advanced applications DDoS attacks without the expense of administration and resources of conventional solutions to prevent service interruptions and keep costs under control for businesses of any size. The security of applications is getting more complex. Barracuda simplifies the process. Barracuda Web Application Firewall is an element of Barracuda Cloud Application Protection. This integrated platform integrates a broad range of interoperable solutions and capabilities that work together to ensure the security of your application in totality.
- Server Cloaking: The first step in a targeted attack is to look into public-facing apps to find out more about the underlying servers, databases, and operating systems. Cloaking stops attacks by preventing server banners or error messages, HTTP headers, and the backend code for return, debug information, or IP addresses from being leaked to a prospective attacker.
- Active Threat Intelligence: Real-time attacks need real-time responses. Barracuda Active Threat Intelligence collects threat information from a massive worldwide sensor network and customer traffic. The data is processed by Machine Learning in near real-time and distributed to the connected units instantly to enable rapid detection of any new threats and threats
- Application DDoS Protection: Secure yourself against advanced application layer DDoS (Slowloris, RUDY, and the slow Read) attacks that differ from volumetric DDoS attacks that use fingerprinting algorithms and IP reputation to distinguish legitimate users and distinguish them from the botnet. Protect against applications DDoS by employing various risk assessment methods, like application-specific thresholds, security checks for protocols, and session integrity. They also protect against active and passive challenges to clients and historical client reputation blocking lists, geographical locations, and even abnormal idle-time detection.
- Protection against OWASP & Zero-Day Attacks: Guard against All OWASP, the top 10 attack types, zero-day data leakage, and DDoS attacks. The layering of the traffic processing engine and Smart Signatures employ fewer attack detection signatures to block and detect online attacks, including zero-day attacks. The Smart Signature can detect attacks seen in 40 signatures specific to attacks, reducing the detection time and increasing overall detection. Application Learning can automatically enforce Positive Security and the capability to implement this security from the URL level down to the parameter level.
- Advanced Bot Protection: Barracuda Advanced Bot Protection uses cloud-based machine learning to block malicious bots and block automated spam, price, and web scraping, inventory hoarding attacks on accounts, and many more.
- API Protection: Barracuda Web Application Security Firewall protects XML and JSON REST APIs from all attack vectors that could compromise them, such as OWASP’s top 10 Threats to API. API Discovery features enable easy security configuration and reduce the chance of error-prone configuration.
- Secure the APIs of your Mobile Applications:
Modern applications are becoming more interconnected, so APIs are more vulnerable to attack. Barracuda web Application Firewall solutions protect your entire attack area, including APIs that use REST and API-based applications. XML protection covers the REST and WSDL interfaces from a schema and WSDL poisoning. JSON protection checks payloads to ensure only legitimate requests are permitted. API Discovery features use the API declaration files to create the required rulesets for the API, reducing administrative burden.
- Allow Granular Access Control As Well As Safe App Distribution:
Barracuda Web Application Firewall solutions work into AD, LDAP, and RADIUS, providing granular control over who in your groups can access which data. They also protect all services that are dependent on ADFS. SAML support allows for a seamless one-sign-on (SSO) experience for your cloud-hosted and on-premises applications. Two-factor authentication also improves security by integrating RSA SecureID SMS and PASSCODE Duo with others. Barracuda Advance Web Application Firewall features a hardened SSL/TLS stack that offers your applications a secure HTTPS front end. With pre-built templates, you can instantly install secure TLS protocols and ciphers to ensure standards-compliant applications without ease. The integrated application delivery module supports HTTP load shifting, streaming, caching, and compression. Caching, connection pooling, and compression features speed up traffic delivery and enhance the user experience by cutting down on server load and reducing latency.