Why vCloud Tech?Agile security for network virtualization, SDN, and private clouds
Fortinet is a leading multi-cloud security provider, offering robust private cloud solutions based on the FortiGate-VM virtual next-generation firewall (NGFW). The Fortinet solutions centrally monitor and control internal and external network traffic to help organizations address compliance challenges. Furthermore, FortiGate NGFWs and a wide range of supported solutions are available in virtual machine (VM) form factors with all the capabilities of physical appliances for highly virtualized private clouds VMS.
The solution integrates with the Fortinet Security Fabric to provide transparent visibility, centralized management, and full automation of security processes. Software-defined networking (SDN) virtualization and security are rapidly transforming data centers into agile, innovative, software-defined, cost-effective private clouds. However, security is often an afterthought when it comes to private cloud deployments. Traditional security solutions are ill-equipped for these new environments. And creating security gaps and manual security processes that negate the benefits of virtualization and SDN firewalls. Further, East-West traffic and virtualized services are not transparent. So private clouds require a software-defined approach to security. In addition, Private cloud and software-defined data center (SDDC) resources require advanced protection against evolving threats, both known and unknown.
To eliminate compliance and security gaps, use virtual and cloud infrastructure:
- Visibility and control of cloud environments and applications: Fortinet cloud security solutions provide consistent policies and centralized control and visibility. Adding this security automation to all clouds and hybrid clouds enables enterprises to securely build, deploy and run applications. At the same time, it reduces deployment complexity and increases security.
- Comprehensive protection: Fortinet Private Cloud Services includes a broad portfolio covering all application paths. Our solutions, along with the Fortinet Security Fabric, are tightly integrated with a broad ecosystem of cloud and third-party platforms and technologies. It enables organizations to securely deploy to any cloud. And virtual data centers with consistent policies, centralized control and visibility, security automation and orchestration.
- Application and API protection: Advanced application-level cloud security controls enable you to choose the best cloud platform and technology system. That based on business priorities rather than security constraints. Furthermore, Fortinet simplifies web application and API protection with robust protection and mitigation against bots, OWASP Top 10 and other threats with advanced AI/ML and automation.
- Cloud native protection: Cloud-native security solutions that protect your workloads and cloud-first application life cycles so you can take full advantage of cloud computing to drive your business forward. Additionally, you can understand and manage your cloud security posture for each cloud.
Scalability, detailed visibility, and management of virtual network traffic:
- Virtualization and SDN security are rapidly transforming the data center into an agile, innovative and cost-effective private cloud. Unfortunately, inadequate security and inability to keep up with these high-speed, flexible environments can lead to protection gaps and manual security processes that negate the benefits of network virtualization and SDN firewalls.
- Our HIS SDN security framework provides security designed for these networks. Define security evolution across network architectures. Develop network security at each conceptual layer of the network architecture (data plane, control plane, management plane).
- As an innovator and leader in data center security appliances, we also offer a wide selection of virtual appliances that provide superior visibility and control of virtual network traffic with industry-leading scalability, performance, and value. Virtual appliances also facilitate the elasticity, automation, and orchestration of the virtual machine form factor.
- Fortinet provides out-of-the-box integrations with leading orchestration platforms such as VMware NSX, Cisco ACI, OpenStack Neutron, and extensive API extensibility to extend security policies across logical and dynamic environments.
- Fortinet’s software-defined security solutions are certified with leading SDN and network function virtualization (NFV) platforms and applicable to any cloud data center environment.
VMware NSX Security
Our FortiGate VMX solution and this VMware NSX protect East-West traffic, which currently accounts for up to 80% of network traffic. Our VMware-powered solution eliminates the previous hairpinning process and enables policy-based firewall controls on each vNIC in the data center for east-west traffic inspection. To close the security gap, our solution automatically scales the advanced security features available on each hypervisor participating in a security cluster. With consistent policies and firewall rules applied. Network security policies defined in FortiGate-VMX are automatically deployed to application workloads and injected into the logical pipeline of virtual networks.
Security for OpenStack-based SDN
OpenStack-based clouds provide the environment needed for flexible, on-demand, multi-tenant applications. Networks are moving to a new model better suited to the cloud with SDN, NFV, and virtual network infrastructure. And the relationships between those networks, security orchestration, and policy enforcement. OpenStack Neutron solutions include a software-defined security framework that provides out-of-the-box integrations. And seamlessly apply advanced network security across logical and dynamic environments.
Enterprises extend, deploy, and connect applications and networks across multiple clouds and both virtual and physical data centers. Our hybrid security solutions simplify cloud operations while securing and connecting all deployment points. A single pane of glass provides transparency and consistent cybersecurity policies across your environment.
Request a Quote
Three main pillars define Fortinet’s private cloud security strategy: Providing a broad range of security products and centralized management by centrally managing policies, events, and analytics across physical, virtual, and cloud infrastructures to ensure security and eliminate compliance gaps and Comprehensive protection for applications on cloud platforms.
Fortinet’s cloud-native protection product, FortiCNP, helps security teams prioritize risk management activities based on various security signals from cloud environments.
The private cloud is contained within a public cloud. That allows customers to do everything they do in a private cloud. For example, hosting websites, running code, and storing data. The difference is that a remote public cloud provider hosts the cloud.
One of the main benefits of using a VPC is that it gives organizations the capabilities of their private cloud with all the powers of a public cloud. That allows enterprises to take advantage of the public cloud.
VPC provides a secure and flexible architecture that reduces the risk of misconfigurations and allows customers to scale their cloud deployments. Features of VPC architecture include computing capacity, storage volume, and network environment.
A VPN isolates traffic between your client device and your private cloud, protecting your device from malicious actors on public networks. SSL or Secure Sockets Layer is a protocol that ensures that traffic between a client device and a specific network is private and secure.