Why vCloud Tech?Agile Security For Network Virtualization, SDN, And Private Clouds
Fortinet is a leading multi-cloud security provider, offering robust Private Cloud Solutions based on the FortiGate-VM virtual next-generation firewall (NGFW). Fortinet solutions monitor and control internal and external network traffic to help organizations address compliance challenges. FortiGate NGFWs and a wide range of supported solutions are available in virtual machine (VM) form factors with all the capabilities of physical appliances for highly virtualized Private Clouds VMS.
The solution integrates with the Fortinet Security Fabric to provide transparent visibility, centralized management, and full automation of security processes. Software-defined networking (SDN) virtualization and security rapidly transform data centers into agile, innovative, software-defined, cost-effective private clouds. However, security is often an afterthought regarding private cloud deployments. Traditional security solutions are ill-equipped for these new environments, creating security gaps and manual security processes that negate the benefits of virtualization and SDN firewalls. East-West traffic and virtualized services are not transparent, so private clouds require a software-defined approach to security. Private cloud and software-defined data center (SDDC) resources need advanced protection against evolving threats, both known and unknown.
- Visibility And Control Of Cloud Environments And Applications: Fortinet cloud security solutions provide consistent policies, centralized management, and visibility. This security automates all clouds, and hybrid clouds enable enterprises to build, deploy and run applications securely. At the same time, it reduces deployment complexity and increases security.
- Comprehensive Protection: Fortinet Private Cloud Services includes a broad portfolio covering all application paths. Our solutions and the Fortinet Security Fabric are tightly integrated with an overall cloud and third-party platforms and technologies ecosystem. It enables organizations to securely deploy to any cloud or virtual data center with consistent policies, centralized control, visibility, security automation, and orchestration.
- Application And API Protection: Advanced application-level cloud security controls enable you to choose the best cloud platform and technology system based on business priorities rather than security constraints. Fortinet simplifies web application and API protection with robust protection and mitigation against bots, OWASP Top 10, and other threats with advanced AI/ML and automation.
- Cloud-Native Protection: Cloud-native security solutions protect your workloads and cloud-first application lifecycles so you can take full advantage of cloud computing to drive your business forward. Additionally, you can understand and manage your cloud security posture for each cloud.
- Virtualization and SDN security rapidly transform the data center into an agile, innovative, and cost-effective private cloud. Unfortunately, inadequate security and the inability to keep up with these high-speed, flexible environments can lead to protection gaps and manual security processes that negate the benefits of network virtualization and SDN firewalls.
- Our HIS SDN security framework provides security designed for these networks. Define security evolution across network architectures. Develop network security at each conceptual layer of the network architecture (data plane, control plane, management plane).
- As an innovator and leader in data center security appliances, we also offer a wide selection of virtual machines that provide superior visibility and control of virtual network traffic with industry-leading scalability, performance, and value. Virtual appliances also facilitate the elasticity, automation, and orchestration of the virtual machine form factor.
- Fortinet provides out-of-the-box integrations with leading orchestration platforms such as VMware NSX, Cisco ACI, OpenStack Neutron, and extensive API extensibility to extend security policies across logical and dynamic environments.
- Fortinet’s software-defined security solutions are certified with leading SDN and network function virtualization (NFV) platforms and apply to any cloud data center environment.
- VMware NSX Security:
Our FortiGate VMX solution and his VMware NSX protect East-West traffic, which currently accounts for up to 80% of network traffic. Our VMware-powered solution eliminates the previous process and enables policy-based firewall controls on each vNIC in the data center for east-west traffic inspection. Our solution automatically scales the advanced security features available on each hypervisor participating in a secure cluster with consistent policies and firewall rules. Network security policies defined in FortiGate-VMX are automatically deployed to application workloads and injected into the logical pipeline of virtual networks.
- Security For Openstack-Based SDN:
OpenStack-based clouds provide the environment needed for flexible, on-demand, multi-tenant applications. Networks are moving to a new model better suited to the cloud with SDN, NFV, and virtual network infrastructure and the relationships between those networks, security orchestration, and policy enforcement. OpenStack Neutron solutions include a software-defined security framework that provides out-of-the-box integrations that seamlessly apply advanced network security across logical and dynamic environments.
- Hybrid Security:
Enterprises extend, deploy, and connect applications and networks across multiple clouds and virtual and physical data centers. Our hybrid security solutions simplify cloud operations while securing and connecting all deployment points. A single pane of glass provides transparency and consistent cybersecurity policies across your environment.