Why vCloud Tech?Reduce the complexity of shared access and optimize efficiency, and reduce costs for cloud storage and on-premises
Shared access to, control, and protection of distributed file systems simplifies with Data Core (TM) and vFilO (TM). This Datacore software provides next-generation distributed file storage virtualization for unprecedented visibility over scattered data across NAS, file server, and object stores via a multi-site global namespace that is keyword-searchable and keyword-searchable.
vFilO combines the capabilities and benefits of distributed file systems with the help of object storage and supports NFS, SMB, and S3 protocol access to the same data set is called vFilO. DataCore vFilO solves this problem by creating a global file system that scales across multiple sites. This includes both on-premises as well as cloud-based NFS or SMB shares. It continuously balances, protects, and migrates files from active primary and secondary levels. In addition, you can use a software-defined architecture to maximize flexibility. This allows you to mix and match storage according to cost, performance, and other requirements.
Improve productivity and collaboration across sites by facilitating file sharing:
- Hot data is automatically places on premium NAS devices. Cold data moves to object storage (such as DataCore Swarm or public cloud).
- A global namespace simplifies file sharing and gives easy access across multiple cloud locations.
- File metadata can be assimilated across filers to preserve file ownership, access control, and hierarchy.
- You can provide granular file control with snapshots, mirroring, mirroring and replication, failover, undelete, and more.
- Machine learning can optimize cost, performance, availability, compliance, and other business goals.
- Storage consumption can be reduced by compressing and deduplicating static files stored on object/cloud storage.
- Assimilate distributed NASs and file servers under a single global domain
- With automated data placement policy-driven, aligned business and IT goals.
- Access data conveniently from anywhere via NFS or SMB protocols
- You can quickly scale up or down capacity and throughput according to your needs.
- Dynamically manage data mobility, archiving, and durability using file-granular services.
As required, flexibly increase and decrease capacity and throughput:
- Visibility: Manage all unstructured data in one system. This will improve productivity and collaboration between sites. It will also fulfil DataCore software governance obligations and provide new insights into business from metadata.
- Flexibility: You can expand and modernize without relying on any manufacturer or device. Integrate new storage and server technologies with existing equipment. Store data where it makes sense and takes advantage of file and object access methods.
- Efficiency: To avoid disruptive data migrations, automate the data optimization to track and adjust its cost and where it is stored. This will enable zero-touch unified data management with different data types and profiles. It can be deployed in less than 30 minutes using an intuitive interface.
Perceptibility and control
- For easy access by users and apps, organize files scattered under one namespace.
- Data governance policies and high-level data protection and placement goals must be met.
- You can integrate new technologies without costly forklift upgrades into your infrastructure.
- Modernization and expansion can be made more efficient by using a location- and device-independent approach.
- Data should be placed where it makes the most sense.
Ease and productivity
- Please make the most of the storage assets available by pooling them and load balancing between them.
- You can recover time spent manually backing up files and shuffling them.
- Avoid disruptions and lengthy data migrations.
Request a Quote
DataCore vFilO is software-defined storage for file and object environments. DataCore vFilO Hybrid Cloud Storage offers a simple approach to managing, migrating, and presenting data in a hybrid multi-cloud infrastructure.
- Automatically store hot data on premium NAS devices and move cold data to object storage (such as DataCore Swarm) and the public cloud.
- Use global namespaces to simplify file sharing and access across multiple and cloud locations.
- Assimilate file metadata across different filers while preserving file ownership, access control, and folder hierarchy.
- Provides granular file control with features such as immutable snapshots, clones, mirroring, replication, failover, recovery, and versioning.
- Organize widely distributed files into a single namespace for easy access by apps and users.
- Easier file sharing for greater productivity and cross-site collaboration
- Integrate new technology into your infrastructure without costly forklift upgrades
- Benefit from a location- and device-agnostic approach to expansion and modernization
- Save time wasted manually shuffling and backing up files
- Avoid disruptive and time-consuming data migrations
DataCore’s hyper-converged software-defined solution maximizes hardware flexibility and saves CapEx/OpEx. Freedom to go all-flash or hybrid with any server vendor. You can even mix servers from different providers without compatibility issues.
vFilO automates the near-impossible task of juggling where to move files to meet business objectives despite ever-changing conditions. System administrators simply set general goals that indicate what to do with files that meet specific (or public) criteria. Parameters such as file type, aging, access frequency, ownership, and provenance can affect data placement.